Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Don't Want to Die!!!

So I am texting my son Tuesday afternoon irritated that he hasn't texted or called me when I finally get a text saying, "Sorry mom could talk saving my friend right now." I went "What?" When it was all through and Facebook had photos up of the situation before I knew it. I learned that Casin saved the day!
He told me that they were playing basketball in Connors driveway. His garage has windows on the door and Connor leaned up against it putting his hand on the window to bend over to get the ball from under the car. His arm fell through the window he lost his balance and it went in then out Everyone was laughing until he turned around and said something is wrong. That is when they saw blood spurting from his arm. Casin ran over to Connor and immediately put pressure on his arm and told him to lay down and yelled Call 911. He told us he was calm through the whole thing and that he wasn't freaked out. He said I just remembered what I was taught and kept pressure on his arm until help arrived. Connor cut through one of his arteries on his arm. He lost a ton of blood within the first minute that his arm was cut. Casin said he had never seen so much blood. He said all his friends said, "Let Casin take charge he does scouts he knows what to do. " Casin said his friends have always teased him about doing scouts but after this episode. he said I don't think they are going to tease me anymore since I was the only one who knew what to do. Bless his friend, Casin said when this was all happening, Connor said, "I don't want to die." Casin kept him calm and took charge. We are so proud!

1 comments:

laurel said...

Way to go Casin!!!! You are awesome. The blood pictures kinda made me weak in the knees.

All the kids think it was so great! Yeah!!!!